High School Reality

High School Reality

Amaya Shaw, Olytimes writer

High School is NOTHING like any school movie in existence, very unrealistic irrelevant source if you wanna be guided through high school.

Number one expectation! You have to be popular, or your gonna be bullied…Nobody cares, literally not one person cares about popularity the way movies make it seem, and in reality, everyone is doing their own thing in their friend groups. Number two expectation! Everyone is gonna care about what you’re wearing. You have to show up in the most expensive clothing because everyone is gonna show up in Met Gala outfits, Nope! Wear whatever you want, show up in sweats and hoodie, and care less what people think about outfits, your only gonna be there for a couple of hours. Expectation number three! Can’t wait till the whole lunchroom breaks out in song and dance?! Well, it’s not gonna happen, seems cool and very cliche but no, eat your lunch and go to class. Expectation four, it’s gonna be very embarrassing if you get something wrong, quick! Hide your face or you going to be laughed at! Not at all, I understand you may spend some time overthinking about how dumb you might’ve sounded but it doesn’t matter mistakes are one of the best learning processes and encourages you to do better with practice, it’s okay nobody was paying attention in the first place. 

And most importantly ”High school is hard” Now some people can disagree with this one but, High school isn’t as hard as some think it is, Yes, its significantly more difficult than elementary and middle school but it’s all about your perspective, high school isn’t physically hard for some people, exhausting yes, but academically… eh, just pay attention, go at your own pace, and don’t have weird expectations because reality is what you’re going to experience.