Do you think the new tardy policy is worth the hour lost of education?

The new tardy policy is if you are 2 to 3 minutes late to class, you will spend the rest of that period in the iss room. The iss room is a boring room where you quietly do work on your computer. You don’t get to keep your phone and all the social media sites are blocked on the computer.  They escort you to the bathroom and lunch so you can’t go anywhere by yourself. Overall I think they should give students at least 5 minutes to pass because some students use the bathroom to stop at their lockers, on top of that it’s overly crowded, and there are only 2 bathrooms which are not enough. So I think the target rule is stupid but understandable because some students don’t care about their education.

The new tardy rule is to make sure students are getting the education they need. Some students like the rule and some students don’t. Some students don’t care and still continue to be late. Students tend to stay in the bathroom and skip class, little do they know it’s only affecting them, and delaying their graduation. Kids tend to only come to school to mess around in the hallways and never go to class. If that’s the case why even go to school, might as well stay home. Kids don’t care about being in the iss because they think it’s cool to look cool and be bad, but the only thing that’s cool is getting an education and getting money, if you gonna mess around at least balance it and have good grades too. Let kids pick their future and soon enough they will have a wake-up call. 

What do you think about the new tardy policy? Many students and staff have mixed opinions about it. Many students have expressed their thoughts on this topic, multiple comments have been said such as “ this is so dumb” and “I’m still going to walk around the school.” Staff at Gateway have been expressing the fact that some of them think this is beneficial for students at school while others think it’s not going to change anything. The hall monitors seem pretty thrilled about this new rule. In general, there are a lot of different opinions going around about the new policy and it has been a big topic being discussed at school.